ID Type Mapping
NOTE: This feature requires a Data Connection subscription option. For info on how to add a Data Connection to your subscription, see the Subscription Management article.
DrugPak's Result Import feature includes an optional function to automatically create a new Participant record if sufficient information is provided and no existing Participant is identified.
DrugPak's Mapping settings control how DrugPak interprets the imported Donor Identification values to assign the ID to a Participant record created in DrugPak through this function.
Trading partners (Laboratories and MROs) provide various types of Donor ID information in the result data. Most result data include ID values that are labeled as "Primary", "Secondary", and "Driver's License".
If no ID Type Mapping settings are configured, DrugPak uses a default logic:
- Primary ID
- If the value is a 9-digit number, the value is assigned as SSN
- If "Infer License Numbers" is enabled in the Data Connection settings, if the value includes a valid two-character state abbreviation, the value is assigned as license number and state.
- Else, the value is assigned as Employee ID.
- Secondary ID - Value is always assigned as Alternate ID
- Driver's License - Value is always assigned as Driver's License
ID Type Mapping may be configured to override part or all of the default logic.
ID Type Mapping may be configured in the vendor record of the trading partner (Laboratory or MRO), and in the Lab Account of the Company record (Laboratory results only). If an ID Type Mapping has been configured in both the trading partner and the Company, the ID Type Mapping on the Company record is used (and overrides any setting from the Laboratory or MRO record).
Accessing ID Type Mapping settings
ID Type Mapping may be configured in the trading partner's Vendor record (Laboratory or MRO), or through the Company record (Laboratory results only). If ID Type Mapping settings have been configured in both areas, the ID Type mapping on the Company record is used.
Trading Partner (Vendor) ID Type Mapping
In the Vendor record (Laboratory or MRO), on the "Imports" page, click on the "ID Type Mapping" tab.
The ID Type Mapping tab displays a list of existing ID Type Mapping and offers the <Add New> button.
Company (Lab Account) ID Type Mapping
To assign ID Type Mapping through a Company record, the Company must first have a Lab Account for the Vendor that will be mapped. See the "Company record > Lab Accounts" article for information on adding and managing Lab Account records.
To manage ID Type Mapping, click the ID Type Mappings icon ()
A pop-up window will display, listing any existing ID Type Mapping and offering the <Add New> button.
Configuring ID Type Mapping
Add a new ID Type Mapping
- Click the <Add New> button to create a new ID Type Mapping.
- The "Add ID Type Mapping" window will be displayed.
- Choose which of the three Source Type values to be assigned.
- Choose the Destination Type to assign the Source Type to.
- Click on the <Save> button to add the new ID Type Mapping.
Delete an existing ID Type Mapping
- Click the <Delete> button next to the ID Type Mapping to delete.
- A confirmation window will display. Click <Yes> to proceed.